2/22/12

Time Gone By...

I have been working in the industry for so long that it blows my mind to think about how much time I have spent in a mall!  What is also mind boggling is to see the morphing my body has taken through out the years.  I have pieces in my closet from when I was a size 16 to when I was a size 8, and the in between I can make work now.  Why do I have these things if they are too small or too big now?  I can't get rid of them.  My closet is like a time capsule of the past 9 years of my life and fashion trends I have dove into and can't let go of.  I don't think Stacy and Clinton would be to horrified....?

Here is one that I love and can't part with.  This was a super fine gage, australian wool suit I bought at J.Crew in one of my "full figured" phases.  Now when I put on the jacket I look like a kid playing dress up in a too big costume.  Still it's so beautiful and I love the color for spring.  So what do I do?

Well thank goodness the boyfriend style is in and hot!!!

Pop the collar, roll the sleeve, add a silk scarf, white tank underneath and we are out the door.

A lady in the fashion of life can make the old look new....






Jacket - J.Crew
Tank - J.Crew
Scarf - J.Crew
Jeans - Old Navy
Shoes - Steve Madden
Ring - Loft (current)
Bracelets - Forever 21



No comments: