12/3/12

Question, Answer...

Hi Lindsey!!
 
First, I gotta say how much I love your blog! Honestly, because it is so realistic! I love that your clothes are all from Loft, JCrew, Old Navy, and Target - that is basically my whole closet too! If I don't have exactly what you're showing I definitely have something similar to make the concept work! It's awesome! Also love the organization ideas, you are so smart!!
 
Here's my question for you: It may be a little far out for skiing in MN but I am planning a trip to Vail soon and would love some tips and ideas about cute outfits to pack! Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated outside of the typical uggs, leggings, and a sweater! Also, know of any websites with discounted ski gear (cute jackets, pants, gloves)?! Let me know your thoughts!! It might be too far out but definitely something to think about as winter in approaching! 
 
Thanks for all your help!
 
 
Old Navy

J.Crew

Old Navy


J.Crew

Old Navy

Sierra Trading Post
 
 
 
 
 
Julia,
 
Love you tons!  I appreciate your dedicated support and readership!
 
My tip when packing for a ski trip where you want to be functional and fashionable is to bring pieces that are multi-functional.  Heavy gauge wool sweaters, cashmere, and fleece are great fabrics to look for.  Why?  First they work for outdoor performance sports such as down-hill skiing, snowboarding, cross country skiing, etc.  They will keep you warm and allow breathing.  Second you can find apparel in these fabrics in great colors and prints!  This will help to feel fun and not dowdy when packing.  Lastly you will also be able to find pieces in these fabrics that have shape and good construction.  These fabrics are durable and retailers design them to still give you a figure and not look bulky and shapeless.
 
When shopping with these ideas in mind you should have no problem finding things to swoosh down the slopes in and hang out in the chalet wearing.
 
I also have included some discount web sites that have great selections of jackets, ski pants, and accessories!
 
 

2 comments:

QandE said...

Love this! So so so helpful! Thanks for all this tips! This will come in handy when packing for my trip home at Christmas!

Unknown said...

I would live pics of your inspired outfits!