2/4/13

Big Game, Big Style...


Confession; I was a fashion don't yesterday while watching the big game!  Luckily it was just me and man friend with the big couch and big TV with the big game all to our self.  My borrowed sweatshirt from the boyfriend's closet, black stretchy pants, and fuzzy socks weren't witnessed by many so it was appropriate.  We got cozy with homemade Chicago style beef sandwiches and potato chips.  It got me thinking though, if our friends would have wanted to come over or if we decided to go to the family's house what would I have changed.  I still want to be comfortable, able to over eat with out restriction, warm feet and sporting the colors of the team I was cheering for (the Ravens!).  So here is how I would have done it...

Why this works...
1. Black cotton leggings, able to sit on the floor eat and be comfy.
2. Loose fit tunic, covers the behind, not restricting and the color blocking gives instant style with no effort.
3. Purple scarf gives you a look with the team's colors and you are accessorized while still casual!
4. Hunter boots because it is slushy, snowing, and icy in Minnesota.  These are sleek and functional.

There you go.  Next time you have a couples game night or you are gathering around the tube for a big fun event here's the guidelines for your look.

What was your favorite moment of the game, best commercial, what recipe was a hit or dud?  I want to know!  

I loved the Dodge truck homage to farmers (we sat in silence while it was playing), and when the power went out we practiced our chipping into the golf net!

2 comments:

KerryP said...

Lindsey- most definitely agree, the "So God Made a Farmer" commercial was amazing. Thx for the fashion tips-- love the goal to have style yet be comfy! Which stores are the best for the loose, stylish tunics?

Unknown said...

Stores for tunics..hmmm... well with Spring around the corner you will be able to find them almost everywhere. This is the time of year they are most popular, I would say if you find one you like buy 2! You will wear a lot if you have them on hand.